—The Appraisal Institute offers world-class education that will help you advance your career. Enroll today for our chapter's upcoming education programs:
2015 Education Schedule
Understanding Collateral Underwriter
4 Hour Seminar 12:30-4:30
Thursday August 20, 2015
At the completion of this program, participants will understand the thought process behind Collateral Underwriter (CU). They will also understand how risk scores, red flags, and messages are developed and sent. The participants will be able to use this understanding in developing appraisals and replying to inquiries by their lender clients.
Effective Appraisal Writing
7 Hour Seminar 8:30-4:30
Wednesday September 23, 2015
Learn to write reports that are reader friendly, concise and convincing. This seminar also stresses the importance of the final product and the numerous communication decisions required to make it an effective and persuasive document.
At this hands-on seminar you’ll gain proficiency at writing appraisal reports that demonstrate the utmost in professionalism. See how a few simple changes in prose style and layout can make vast changes in the client’s understanding and reaction to the report. At this seminar you get loads of tips for improving your appraisal writing style.
• Use effective page layout techniques to reveal logic and organization.
• Create tables and graphic presentations that work.
• Reconcile within ranges in a convincing and logical argument.
• Eliminate common writing and usage errors to make the reports more professional.
• Use appraisal terminology and definitions effectively.
• Create energetic prose by the use of active voice and present tense.
All programs are held at:
Manufacturer and Business Association
2171 W. 38th Street Erie, PA 16508
More Information on Appraisal Institute Education: